October 06, 2006

Me again :-)

Busy busy busy is the life of a Mom of 4! I hardly have time to sit down and breathe let alone update this thing. But I figured I had a spare minute sitting here snapping shots of our newest princess. She's such a doll and so sweet (I'm partial though I know!)

We've had a bad bought of janudice with her the past week or so. It was almost high enough for the doc to re-admit her to do some bili-light treatments. But modern technology prevails and they had a portable bili-light called a "bili-blanket" which was a big pad that was strapped to either Gwen's front or back and it lit up just as brightly as the hospital bili-lights. So with that and getting a heel poke everyday to test her blood she FINALLY is back down to an acceptable level. But on the last time she had her heel poked they put a pressure bandage on her foot. By the time I got the bandage off it had caused her foot to swell up and turn purple and the bandage was so tight that it cut into her skin and bruised the top of her foot pretty badly. My poor baby I felt just aweful that that happened to her.

apparently, its a really big deal that this happened to her because the supervisor of the lab came and took pictures of her foot and reported it to the Commander of the hospital. So that lab tech that did this to my baby is in real trouble. At least this won't happen to any other baby there. They aren't supposed to EVER put pressure bandages on newborns, they are just supposed to hold some gauze on it until it stops bleeding.

She had her 2 week well-baby after that all occured and everything is alright. The doc wants me to give her a little formula ontop of breast-feeding because she feels that Gwen isn't gaining enough weight. I am just going to try to nurse more frequently and then when she get's a re-check next week, we'll see. If she's still not gaining then I will suppliment a little. She may just be like DH and I and on the thin side naturally.

Here;s a few shots of her sleeping in her bouncey seat....too cute!

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

oh she is sooo cute and sweet and and i want a baby! whaaa....
she doesn't look yellow at all!
now don't tell anyone i'm saying this but.....



remember that i said that i felt in KS the doc's and wic "forced" supplimenting on me with DD#1. well it just is setting of alarms and such. don't get me wrong.... I do see the benifits of supplimenting if the kids are not gaining weight. but we know and saw with your boy how at first they start slow then take off! you're a pro at nursing. i'll be praying that she starts doing well. and you're right she could be small like your first and your husband and you! not to mention she's still a newborn and just learning how to nurse. she'll catch on!
you're doing fine! i'm so sorry to hear about her foot! i'd be mad.. she so cute btw did i say that already??