April 16, 2005

Finally finished something!

I have been in a knitting FUNK lately! I haven't wanted to pick up the needles for a long time. But I have 2 friends that are due next month so I HAD to make something. So I found this pretty patter for a "Petal Hat" on www.knitnet.com and I actually FINISHED it!!! LOL It turned out really well and I wish I had a little girl to make one for....but alas my boy wouldn't wouldn't look good in pink. I want to knit him some slippers or something, but that will have to wait for the fall because it's getting dang hot here lately. When one has been used to 35 degree weather for so long, when it jumps to 65-70 it feels like a heat wave!

I am trying to knit my friend some mittens for her baby to match the hat. But the pattern I used was "jacked up" as my DH would say and it didn't turn out very well. So I have to find a new one...or if I was smart I would just make up my own pattern.

Anyway DH wants me to go spend some quality time with him on the couch watching "Small Ville" so i'd better go....can't wait for season 4!!!

Happy blogging

No comments: