January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

So 2006 got started without a hitch! We went to my MIL's for the weekend and had another Christmas there....kids and toys everywhere let me tell you!! Of course I was lovin it to be around my nieces and nephews and have got them all hooked on one craft or another! LOL Nephew C is addicted to knitting so I got him a book, needles, and yarn. Niece M is into crochet and so I got her a book, hook, and yarn. Niece K is too little yet for such things so I got her a princess wand kit and a suncatcher kit. LOL

And (embarrassed as I am) here's a pic of the 3 kiddos's spoils of war...er I mean Christmas. I can't believe how much STUFF the kids got this year!!!!! And since I am FLYing now this makes me crazy!!! So i am going to devote a day sometime this week to cleaning up/organizing this mess. I have had a rule for awhile...one toy in, one toy out! So we are going to do a one-for-one exchange to cut down on this disaster!!!!! One to charity one to keep! (or else Mom is going to go nutz!!)

OMG there was a terrible storm last night and a tornado touched down like 2 miles from my house!!!!!!! We didn't see it over here luckily or I would be in a panic rushing all the kids to hide in the basement. But apparently it tore through a school building and a gas station. yuck. I am from California man I don't do tornados!!!! Luckily no one was hurt that I know of.

So I have been busy with my yarn addiction too! I have finally FINISHED those felted clogs for MIL AND felted them!!!! Lavendar and pink...
I have started crocheting my oldest DD a poncho. It's a really pretty varigated baby yarn from Red Heart....yeah yeah I know yucky yarn. But I am broke and it was pretty darn it!

Blogger is being a butt about posting pix so that's all you get for now! TTFN

2 comments:

Pamela Foreman said...

whew! That's a lot of toys! I know the feeling! Here's to a great New Year! Ugh about the tornado! Richard would have been jealous. He loves those things. The felted shoes are great!

StarKnits said...

HOLY CRAP that is a lot of toys! i can't belive it! i should've taken a pix of our mess! i went thru and got rid of 2 trash bags of toys and their room is still full. granted it's a small room but hey half their toys are in storage. UGH so much for the NO toys thing. LOL maybe next year. i'm loving the passing on the tradition of the craft! oh btw what kind of red heart? their baby clouds gets super soft after washing! not all red heart is bad. LOL just the not so soft kind! LOL