April 24, 2006

Ahhh nature...

There's a really cool nature preserve by our house and this past weekend DH was actually available to go do something with the fam. So we loaded everyone in the truck and went for a walk around the park's lake and saw some waterfalls

The lake isn't very big but it looks promising for the fam to go fishing some day. There's a trail that goes around the whole thing and so we decided, what the heck. Unfortunately, there are a ton of steps and we had the double seated jogger stroller with us for the 2 younger ones. Soooo DH and I each had to take an end and carry this thing up and down these steps. Can we say WORKOUT?! :-) Anyway, while we were huffin and puffin these steps, DD#1 spies 3 turtles basking in the sun (one got bashful and dove out of sight)


And don't mind the yucky water...it's mud from run-off after like 2 days straight of torrential rain.

So DH and I biceps bulging, made it through the steps around the lake and head towards the cascades. A beautiful day, birds singing, wild flowers everywhere and the nice white noise of the rushing water. i could have stayed there all day if I had the chance.


When we get to the cascades I of course whip out the camera for some family pix... Here's my sexy man with the 3 munchkins:


And here's me with the kiddos (a not-so-happy Bubbah):


It's just amazing that God could make all of this earth just as beautiful if not MORE *just* for our enjoyment and His. I mean, how can you NOT appreciate the Maker when you see His handy-work everywhere?

TTFN

3 comments:

StarKnits said...

oh you guys looked like you had a ton of fun! you're looking so pretty! pregnancy agrees with you! i snagged the pix for my puter... ahh i miss you guys sooo much!

Pamela Foreman said...

You guys look great! I love seeing you smile! Glad you had fun! Miss you!

Muriel said...

Great pictures. You look sooo pretty. I agree with you about nature. It always remind me of God's greatness!