February 11, 2005

A rainy day...

Well, I had some excitment first thing this morning! Last night we had a convoy of people going out to eat for my birthday and one of my friends got her truck stuck in the mud/ice. So this morning we go out to where the truck was and push it through. I was covered in mud by the time I finished. It was an accomplishment I have to say! Without our hubbies around we CAN take care of ouselves! LOL

Speaking of hubbies, my DH called the other day and said we'll be moving to Ft Knox in the summer. I am scared and nervous and excited all at once. I am very sad to leave my friends and my great church. This has been the best 2 years of my life! I can't believe how mush I have grown as a Christian and a person! I have made friends for life and it will break my heart to leave them. Like I said, we all got together for my b-day dinner and I looked around at the table and almost cried thinking of how sweet that moment was. You know when you are so happy and content and then the moment is gone? And even though my heart has been torn in 2 thinking of my DH at war, God has healed me through His word and through my friends. Our husbands have forged a bond together in combat that will never be broken. They are brothers in arms forever. I believe the same of my girlfriends here. They are my "Sisters in Arms" and our bond is much stronger than an "ordinary" friendship. We already are planning yearly get-togethers back in the US.

Anyway, onto a less emotion-ladden topic lol. I have started a cardigen for a friend who's due in May. I am hoping that it's not too complicated! She said no pink, but the yarn I have is a varigated pink,green, blue, yellow, so I hope she likes it! I still haven't picked up DD#2's socks yet. The yarn is sitting in my bag waiting.

Well, my precious baby boy just woke up. Happy Blogging!!

No comments: