December 21, 2005

Fingerless mittens....sort of



So here's the right mitten in a pair I am making for my Mom. They are made of wool and will keep her digits nice and toasty warm! Considering she lives in the UP of Michigan she'll need 'em!!! Also she uses a wheelchair for mobility so I thought this pattern would be perfect! She could still wear a mitten and use the joy-stick on the wheelchair. She can't use her left hand very much at all so i am just going to make it kind of like a sock. I made the cuff extra long in case her coat sleeves ride -up on her arm when it's on the armrest.



Other than that I am just getting ready for Christmas like everyone else. Well, sorry this is so short but my kids are getting into trouble!

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

you rock woman! your mom is going to love them!
i just signed up to test a pair of fingerless mittens too. i can't wait to start!
it was so good talking with you sorry to talk your ear off. i miss you soooo much!

Anonymous said...

nibblets15 says those mittens/gloves are so fantastic, Kell. Even as your mom, I can sayyy they are breatiful!! Your grandma would have been so proud of you. Hi Allena.