December 05, 2005

Happy Holidays or Bah Humbug?

Well the tree is up and all the decorations are in place. Are you one of those people who feel "happy and gay" or sad around this time of year? It's bittersweet for me. Right now I am so thankful to God for having my DH with me this year and not in Iraq!!! But also I have made such good friends that I miss them terribly! We had such fun last year! Two of my closest buds spent the night with kids, dogs, and everything. We had a great time together celebrating Christ's birth. This year as I was putting up the tree I remembered all the good times we had together. And the bonds of friendship were made that much stronger because our hubbies were gone. I mean, we were all in the same situation struggling with the same fears, and we all became sisters. I don't have blood sisters but believe me this bond is just as strong if not stronger.

I am done with felted clogs #2! Well, pre-felted anyway. They are for my MIL and she isn't around to size them. I will post a pic when they are done. Also I just started a winter hat for my nephew. It's a varigated green/yellow/blue yarn from Red Heart. Yeah its crappy yarn but it's really cool colors so I can put up with the rough texture. I plan on making him and my son a matching hat and pair of mitts. Soooo when I am done there will be pix of those too. (as you can tell I am too lazy to post anything now!)

Sooo my Dh is gone for awhile so I am off to mickey-Dee's for dinner. They have a play-place to take the kids and get them outa my hair, um I mean let them play. LOL

3 comments:

Faith said...

Hi, what clog pattern did you use?

faithfiberflashATyahoo.com

StarKnits said...

i miss you! it is close as sisters!!! love ya!

Pamela Foreman said...

I'm bummed this Christmas as I'm apart from all you guys!!! I miss you!!