August 03, 2005

Another day another dollar

Hey all of you puter geeks! :-) I am still struggling with that salt water tank. There are many things involved with this hobby....and MONEY!!! I can't believe how much moola can be blown getting everything for the stinkin fish. And there's so much involved...not just add salt, water and fish and PRESTO you have a mini reef.....nooooo you need to get the salility *just* right. then there's the sand bed and "live rock" (with little critters inc.) then you have to worry about the pH and Nitrites and NitrAtes and Ammonia and and and....then suppliments to the water if you have corals....whew! I swear I feel like I am getting a marine biology degree just in researching all of this!

Anyway that is consuming most of my thoughts at the moment. My DH is working his new job. Instead of being out doors running around blowing up stuff he's stuck in a cubicle trying to design the machines that blow up stuff. Still cool but the fact of being behind a desk all day wears him out. I haven't been to work in years and am afraid myself of my attitudes when I have to go to work. I have been around my kids so much that I think it would be really difficult for me. I have to say that I have been really blessed to be able to be at home raising the kiddos.

DD#1 starts kindergarten soon!! Her bday isn't until after the cut-off age for public school and we had planned on homeschoolng her anyway. I bought Sonlight's curriculum. We tried their preschool program and I do like it. Alot of reading stories and the workbooks are really helpful in teaching the kids to think and learn how to read and count etc.

I am trying to get back into shape as well....whipping out the Pilates DVD's and Tae Bo and Walk away the Pounds. I have to say that a friend saved me from the torture of Tae Bo today! I *just* got the tape in when the door bell rings....hallelujah!! LOL

No comments: