August 15, 2005

more progress


So I have been crocheting away and have *just* begun the armhole shaping. Exciting, isn't it? LOL I like the colors a lot and I will have plenty of time to crochet this week as my hubby has to go away for his job for a dew days. :-( This is the first time we have been apart since he came back from Iraq so I am a little unnerved. I am hoping it won't bring back too many memories of being alone so many nights. I am very blessed though that he got a job that only takes him away for a few days here and there. I have 2 friends whose hubbys are going back to combat very soon. I am praying hard for them as I can't imagine having to face that ever again. Esp without the suuport system I had in Germany. Allena and all my other friends are the glue that held my psyche together that whole time (and a lot of reassurance from God that He had everything under control). I do miss the times my girlfriends and I shared. We all have kiddos the same age so we all would hangout together and let the kids have at it. :-)

So I will be taking more pix after DH goes...a few quiet nights with just me and the crochet hook should make for some good progress!

And here's a parting shot of my "little Bubbah" crawling up wanting attention...

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

looking good! things will go well with your DH's leave! i'm praying for you and wishing i was there to hang with you!
bubbah's looking so cute! where's the pix of your other 2? aren't they jealous? LOL j/k
gotta jet TTYL