August 02, 2006

Finally something to post about

I have been a busy bee lately!! Okay, for starters DD#1 started school yesterday so there was a lot of preparation to get her ready to go. Supplies to buy, clothes to find, I had to make a cover for her sleeping mat. Actually "making" should be a better word as its still 1/2 way finished in my sewing machine.

Then there's our vegetable garden. Well, we started out at the beginning of the year thinking we'd have a veggie garden. But as it turns out all we had time for were a few potted tomatoes. But they are turning out great and the tomatoes are delicious! They actually have a flavor versus the pale sickly one's at the commissary that don't taste like anything! You can see I have about 18 of 'em just sitting here waiting for...for something! :-) Actually I have discovered my canning itch and think I will make either some salsa or spaghetti sauce.


And speaking of canning, I bought 4 packs of strawberries that were on sale the other day and made these:


Some nice strawberry jam to eat, yumm!! And one final project, here I am actually KNITTING a hat for our baby-on-the-way. Which, she does have a name now! Gwendolynn Autumn, what do you think?? Anyway, here's a parting shot of Gwendolynn's hat-in-the-making...

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

wow awesome love the hat in the making and the cover... tomatoes LOVE them i'm soooo jealous i want some... hey canning DON'T even get me started on that...

Pamela Foreman said...

The hat looks beautiful!! Glad you are getting into the crafting bug once again!!! Glad you are canning also. I love tomatoes!! They look great! I'll be over to grab a few...LOL!! Miss you!!! Love the name too!