February 22, 2006

Friends

My fam and I got to travel up to PA to see my best friends! We all met in Germany and have since been scattered to the winds. This weekend was the first time I have seen them in 9 months! Pam and Allena were there but quite a few of our other buds were MIA. But the 3 of us had a blast anyway....and we can't forget the kids, all 8 of them! Yes, 8 kiddos packed into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment! LOL that was fun!

It was bitterly cold up there! I'm talking 5-7 degrees sometimes! I really dislike being THAT cold ya know. A Cali girl can only stand so much cold before they turn into a popcicle! So we all hung out indoors....talking and laughing like old times. A trip to Michaels craft store, an evening of swimming (at the hotel's pool) and the bestest meal ever! TGI Fridays! I have LONGED to go to that place for a month now! And oh was it good! LOL Now I just wish I could eat there all the time, those Jack daniels recipes are to DIE for!

Of course Pam and Allena were knitting a lot of the time I was there. I have been in a fink lately when it comes to any type of craftiness. So now that I am all motivated again I need to get cracking! What to make...hmm Malayah has been dying for a poncho and I can't seem to find *just* the right pattern. Perhaps that's what I'll try. That and I need to sew my Mom's throw that's been in my closet 1/2 done for 2 months.

But none of that now, I'm off to take Rhi rhi to her gymnastics class!

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

glad you had fun.. i loved the weekend. i miss you sooo much it's not even funny.
i demand to see pix of your half done projects!
the easiest way to make a poncho is knit or crochet a big rectangle in the pattern you want. then fold it over sew it together. and add tossels. HTH

Pamela Foreman said...

I had so much fun this weekend! I miss you all already! I've been in a funk, but I think it's partly the weather!